CARE Consulting, the advisory services arm of CARE, is a social impact practice that draws on CARE’s deep roots in communities, global network across 90+ countries, and expertise to help private and public-sector clients address tough business challenges and build a more equitable and just world. Our aim is to influence and transform organizations that have a disproportionate impact on poverty and injustice. We combine management consulting, human-centered design, social and systems transformation, and international development expertise to drive powerful change with and for our clients. This position of Analyst for Change is essential to support excellent client service, grow our practice and drive change. The Analyst will spend 50% time serving clients (research, quantitative analysis, trends analysis, synthesis of document reviews and interviews, development of tools and processes, inputs to client deliverables), 35% on business development and 15% on thought leadership and building the practice (research, reports, articles). This position requires excellent research skills (the ability to quickly organize, synthesize and communicate large amounts of information); outstanding communication skills (writing, PowerPoint, verbal); quantitative skills; and excellent interpersonal skills across diverse cultures, countries and contexts; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and a deep commitment to social justice.
Research and Analysis for Client Engagements
- Review and synthesize documents, interview notes, facilitation processes and workshop outcomes into clear communications.
- Conduct quantitative analysis (survey findings, cost-benefit analyses, etc.)
- Contribute to learning: identify and capture lessons learned about the engagement; contribute to the refinement of service offerings
- Track overall impact of engagements
- Draft proposals - engaging relevant CARE stakeholders for inputs
- Research and help identify client prospects
- Track and support client prospecting
- Conduct research to support proposal development and client prospecting
- Help prepare for and join client development meetings
- Support any relevant events
- Work with the team to identify opportunities for thought leadership
- Engage relevant CARE stakeholders in the process
- Conduct research/analysis and synthesize findings into insightful articles and reports