Deputy Chief Technology Officer EMILY’s List
The Deputy Chief Technology Officer (DCTO) will assist in leading the wider Data and Technology team at EMILY’s List. The DCTO will serve as the primary data, analytics, and targeting lead for campaign and electoral data, while managing the team that oversees data and analytics for all other departments at EMILY’s List including Direct Marketing and Digital. The DCTO will also help lead the wider department, and be part of strategic thinking around EMILY’s List use of technology. The DCTO will have a wide understanding of all things technical and data, and understands the nuances of both politics and technology.
- Directly manages data staff of the Data & Technology department.
- Advises EMILY’s List campaigns and political staff in using data to assess various races and districts.
- Works across departments to determine use of organizational data and identify places of overlap and collaboration.
- Serves as EMILY’s List primary liaison for data issues to other likeminded organizations including the DSCC, DCCC, DGA, Analyst Institute.
- Manages and works closely with EMILY’s List data and analytics consultants and vendors.
- Partners with Chief Technology Officer to develop wider vision for data, analytics, and technology at EMILY’s List.
- Occasionally steps in to help the various junior members of the team across disciplines including data, security, and i.t. support.
- Serves as liaison to senior leadership team when Chief Technology Officer is unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Deputy Chief Technology Officer is a leader on the Data & Technology team. Candidates should have at least 8 years of experience in politics, technology, or both. Candidates should have strong familiarity with common data tools such as Excel or SQL, a working understanding of political data and voter files, project management experience, and experience managing staff. Ideal candidates will also have knowledge of technical infrastructure such as AWS, Active Directory and G Suite administration, as well as broad knowledge of cloud technology and security infrastructure.
An interest in electing pro-choice Democratic women is required. Strongly prefer candidates who have worked as professional staff on multiple Democratic political campaigns. Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
This position is based in Washington, DC.