SEIU (The Service Employees International Union) Data and Technology Department Intern Washington, D.C. (Moderator’s note: this internship provides a stipend. Progressive Data Jobs is committed to only posting paid opportunities. See the About section for more details)
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP: January 2018 through May 2018. This is a part time internship. Part-time academic year interns will work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Summary: Service Employee International Union (SEIU), the nation’s fastest growing labor organization representing more than 2 million workers, is seeking part-time intern in the Washington, D.C. office’s Data & Technology Department.
SEIU’s Data and Technology Department is responsible for database and technology management of SEIU’s membership data. The Department is currently pioneering innovative technological solutions in the labor movement, relying on cloud platforms such as AWS to build an effective and agile membership program. This internship offers an opportunity for someone to work closely with ETL data processes and data hygiene work in the Data & Technology department.
Assist SEIU’s Data & Technology Department staff on various data standardization and hygiene efforts, integrating data from different database sources. Some aspects of this project include:
- Analyzing data from SEIU affiliates and various external databases to establish best practices on data integration
- Assist with data clean up and data standardization
- Review files for small details and errors
- Assist Department with manual data entry from various file types, including non-tabular data in PDFs or Word documents
- Graduation from high school and currently enrolled in an academic program.
- Interest in labor and membership organizations, data hygiene and database applications
- Comfortable with long periods of concentration paying attention to the smallest details in the data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to work well in groups and individually
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to tale instructions well
SEIU’s Data & Technology Department interns will work in Washington, D.C and will receive a stipend. Application Instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter that includes your availability and a writing sample.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job description here.