Director of Data, Testing, and Innovation Job description here.
Are you ready to be a part of our team? JVA Campaigns is a national, award-winning political consulting and public affairs firm that specializes in direct mail and digital advertising. We are based in Columbus, Ohio – the battleground of all political battlegrounds. Our clients span the spectrum of the progressive movement – candidates, labor unions, state parties, caucuses, advocacy organizations, and nonprofits. This is a full time, permanent position with a flexible start date.
Primary roles: 1) Work with our account team to identify and select voter targets for direct mail and digital communications, using a variety of voter files and other data sources. 2) Design and implement direct communication experiments targeting voters and constituents. 3) Stay up-to-date on the latest advances in persuasion and mobilization psychology and tactics, and communicate best practices to our team and our clients.
- Teamwork – Proven experience collaborating with a team to achieve objectives. (i.e. Your team was stronger for having you there than without.)
- Data Management – Previous data management experience on electoral or issue based field campaign(s)
- Educating Others – Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. use of models, messaging) to less technical audiences
- Technical Background – Strong Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, PowerPoint) and data management (esp. SQL, Vertica) skills. Data visualization skills, using software like Tableau, would be nice.
- Communication – Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
A few more things: We provide medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as a 401k program on the very first day of employment. To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and data visualization and/or writing samples to email@example.com with “Data Director” in the subject line.
JVA Campaigns is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a dynamic and diverse workforce.