NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice–the organization behind Nuns on the Bus–is hiring a data coordinator.
Expected Start: March 2018
First set of interviews will be taken from applications received by January 21, 2018.
Overview: NETWORK – advocates for justice, inspired by Catholic Sisters (and the organization behind Nuns on the Bus) – is seeking an experienced database coordinator, committed to the prinicples of social justice, who can quantitatively and qualitatively understand the intricacies of a membership network. The NETWORK Database Coordinator is a creative thinker and implementer, who loves data and systems, but appreciates the members as people, not just pieces of data, and brings a customer-driven attitude. The Database Coordinator is an excellent communicator, an organized collaborator, and a strategic innovator. The Coordinator is passionate about growing, nourishing, and connecting our members, and utilizing all levels of technology to most effectively reach and engage the various constituencies of the Development, Grassroots Mobilization, Communications, and Government Relations teams. They are energized by appropriate attention to detail and the highest standards of data integrity. They will be instrumental in applying data-driven technologies and data-driven decision-making to NETWORK’s strategic initiatives.
About NETWORK: A national network of social justice advocates, NETWORK educates, organizes and lobbies for economic and social transformation. Founded in 1971 by Catholic sisters in the progressive spirit of Vatican II, NETWORK works to shape federal policies to be consistent with our values. We work to “Mend the Gaps” in income and wealth disparity and work to create a society and economy of inclusion.
While rooted in Catholic Social Justice, NETWORK is open to all who share our passion for justice. Staff and members are people from a variety of religious and nonreligious backgrounds. As an organization and workplace, NETWORK values work-life balance and strives to be a supportive workplace environment where staff embrace the “Sister-Spirit” of our founders by rooting our understanding in encounter, not ideology; prioritizing the well-being of others; seeing everyone as people first, not just roles; and using humor and being feisty in order to be bold and willing to do the unpopular. We value women’s leadership, and we engage in ongoing work to be a multicultural anti-racist organization. Read More.
- Be the internal expert on the intricacies of Salesforce and how NETWORK uses it
- Recommend and implement improvements to data structures and information flow
- Use a variety of tools to track inconsistencies and ensure data hygiene in the database
- Ensure that all teams are equipped and motivated to record contacts with constituencies in Salesforce
- Delegate projects to contracted consultant for work outside the scope of day-to-day maintenance
- CRM Integration
- Ensure smooth integration of data between Salesforce and other platforms used to communicate with NETWORK supporters: Salsa, Gravity Forms, and Mobile Commons.
- Conduct annual survey of NETWORK supporters and ensure proper integration of results with Salesforce
- Customer Service
- Train staff in Salesforce, provide cross-departmental integration and consistency, and help staff determine how the database can be applied to support their work
- Maintain and improve internal (staff) database protocols, increasing organizational use by ensuring the database is useful and user-friendly for the entire staff
- Analyze, track data, and find trends related to member behavior in response to communications and other interactive tools
- Produce monthly reports (and additional reports as needed) to track constituency growth
- Staff commitments
- Collaborate with Development and Membership team to increase member retention and growth
- Collaborate with all teams to support constituency outreach strategies
- Participate in organizational activities: planning, evaluation, development
- 3-6 years of progressive professional experience, including 1-2 years working with databases, data strategy, or membership development; applicable internships and volunteer experiences are accepted.
- Experience with Salesforce, Salsa, or other CRMs; fluency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in a detail-oriented position that required a high-level of organizational skills.
- Experience in training colleagues; ability to convey data concepts to users in order to fulfill unique needs in different ways.
- Hunger to use data to support the mission; and ability to see the people behind the numbers.
- Ability to work under pressure, work independently and on a team, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
- Commitment to creating a multicultural, anti-racist organization.
- Familiarity with faith-based organizations, advocacy organizations, or working with disadvantaged populations a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in attention to detail, customer service, creativity/innovation, initiative, strategy, and collaboration.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a permanent, full-time position in our Washington, D.C. office. Starting pay $48,000 per year with generous benefit and leave package, including health, vision, and dental insurance; vacation days plus Christmas week off; quarterly all-staff retreat days; and retirement plan.
How to Apply
Send a résumé and cover letter – as attachments – to email@example.com. Please include “Database Coordinator” in the subject line and let us know in your email where you saw our announcement. You are welcome to include examples of – or links to – relevant past work.
First set of interviews will be taken from applications received by January 21, 2018, and applications will be considered until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.