The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is a U.S. and international environmental action organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff has helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many implementing regulations. Our cases enforcing and defending federal and state environmental laws have played a major role shaping current environmental policy throughout the country. Our staff of more than 600 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, and Beijing.
Position Summary: Job description here
NRDC is seeking a Director of Analytics who is responsible for developing the platforms, tools and data-driven insights that drive NRDC’s strategy, planning and multi-channel engagement strategies. We are looking for someone who has a love for data and analysis and wants to use their skills to move NRDC’s mission forward.
- Lead the development of our digital and organizing analytics platforms
- Direct development of reporting that provides cross-channel analysis
- Develop analytical models that determine how we engage with new and existing audiences across channels
- Design tests, define success metrics and report on results to improve marketing strategies and achieve business objectives.
- Oversee the analytics program, data collection, cross-channel data integration, reporting and insights, dashboards, data visualization, data mining, predictive analytics, audience measurement, brand and competitive intelligence
- Create measurement and testing strategies to inform roadmaps developed with input from internal stakeholders
- Oversee the development of KPIs across channels and report back on ROI
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for business growth and development across channels
- Report back on findings to multiple audience types from executives to channel leads
- Manage an internal team and vendors, including oversight of budget and tools
- Oversee testing program across channels and provide strategic guidance based on results
- Improve user experience and conversion through measurement and optimization of key indicators from sources like Google Analytics, CRMs (Salesforce and ActionKit) and external data source
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience in data analysis, preferably in a non-profit space
- Expertise in data analysis including knowledge of the following platforms and tools: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Salesforce, online CRMs (preferably ActionKit), VAN, Facebook Insights, Social data analytics, advertising tracking, SEO etc.
- Proficient in statistical analysis, SQL, data visualizations, data modeling and big datasets
- Added bonus if you have experiences in R, Python, D3, Wave, Tableau, Power BI and/or other statistical analysis, data warehousing and business intelligence tools
- Excellent communications and management skills and the ability to articulate complex data analysis to a wide array of audiences.
NRDC is very committed to diversity and inclusion both in the workplace and in our advocacy. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing: 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org