TARGETSMART DATA PRODUCT SPECIALIST
A TargetSmart California Data Manager is a twelve-month contract position that provides research on publicly available voter data; handles and processes raw, inbound public data feeds; assists in the production and delivery of California voter file data products; and markets TargetSmart data products and solutions in California.
The California Data Product Specialist works in tandem with the TargetSmart Data Product Build team and the TargetSmart Sales Team to ensure delivery of high quality data to California Democrats and progressives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure on-time delivery of designated information requests.
- Manages time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Submits, documents, tracks and monitors data requests and acquisitions.
- Audits/verifies all work results.
- Organizes details concerning acquisition schedules.
- Researches and accurately validates source data, data formatting specifications and output requirements ensuring minimal defects.
- Performs audits to ensure compliance with quality assurance processes, established procedures, project requirements and service level agreements/expectations.
- Research, acquisition, processing and documentation of available vote history, early/absentee voter data, district and other data types for internal and external client support work and delivery.
- Processing, tracking, and documentation of incoming source files.
- Creation, delivery, and tracking of product files.
- Professionally communicates internally and externally with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Serves as first point of contact for incoming California data sales
- Acts as liaison with Democratic Party data staff
- Assists with delivery and access to TargetSmart and third party software interfaces
- Represents TargetSmart to key in-state stakeholders for marketing and sales purposes
- Is available via email/phone during normal business hours (M-F, 9AM-6PM) with extended “campaign hours” as the 2018 general election date approaches.
The job profile reflects the assignment of essential job functions, though additional functions may exist. This profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all work activities, duties or responsibilities. TargetSmart reserves the right to assign or reassign work activities, duties and responsibilities as needed for reasonable accommodations and business purposes.
The California Data Product Specialist reports directly to designated TargetSmart staff in charge of Data Products.
- Strong organizational skills
- Trouble-shooting/problem-solving experience
- Technical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Solid communication skills
- Experience with MS Excel/Access
- Experience working with relational databases / SQL
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience working with political data
This position will be located in Los Angeles, California.
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact email@example.com.