FWD.us is a bipartisan advocacy organization working to expand opportunities and advance the potential for every individual who seeks to contribute to our nation - starting with fixing our immigration system and reforming criminal justice policy. FWD.us was founded by leaders in the tech and business community to promote policies to keep the United States competitive in a global economy. Our nation’s strength comes from the belief that everyone who works hard can reach his or her potential - and it’s our job to help shape the policies to make this a reality.
San Francisco, CA
The Product Manager role is part of the technology team within the Community Department, whose mission is to build and engage the supporter base needed to effect policy change.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Product Manager to drive the user experience of our products across web and mobile. We’re looking for someone who wants to conduct and analyze target audience needs and goals, evaluate the performance of current products, and pitch new product ideas. The Product Manager will guide products through lifecycle, from conceptualization to launch. The perfect candidate will have experience with technology products, an understanding of the political process, and a passion for moving the dialogue forward on immigration reform and criminal justice reform.
The Product Manager reports to the Head of Technology.
- Work closely with the Head of Technology to identify high value product opportunities
- Specify requirements for current and future products by conducting internal (FWD.us staff) and external (supporters) user research
- Build information architecture for existing and future products
- Work with content associate and digital campaign managers to design content voice and content strategy in web and mobile products
- Communicate requirements to engineers and designers through feature specs, wireframes and other UX deliverables
- Work collaboratively on organization-wide product rollout plans
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Education experience: B.A./B.S.
- 2-4 years experience managing products for an advocacy organization
- Strong sense of UI/UX trends and a desire to apply those trends to advocacy work
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams and ability to communicate effectively with everyone from interns to senior team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills