The Democratic Party of New Jersey is seeking a hardworking, energetic individual to be our Data Director for the 2018 cycle and beyond. The Democratic Party of New Jersey works with candidates up and down the ticket from municipal to statewide races to help them win and advance the agenda of the Democratic Party.
- Administer and grow the state party’s voter file
- Support the party’s and coordinated campaign’s organizing staff by creating targeted voter contact universes, creating reports, and troubleshooting issues in the voter file
- Provide support for campaigns and party officials
- Soliciting and procuring information to upload to the voter file
- Work with campaign pollsters and data teams on Modeling and polling
- Provide VAN trainings to campaigns and county parties
- Provide timely and relevant analysis of all available field data
- Provide support for partners, including updating voter scores, crafting unique universes and creating targets
Applicants should have:
- 2+ cycles of experience with VAN (Administration experience preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience creating targeted universes for campaigns
- Must have strong knowledge of database technology and theory, with advanced training in computers
- Ability to synthesis and explain complex data reports in ley terms.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work with a team on a common goal
- Ability to manage multiple supervisors
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Capacity and willingness to work long hours
- SQL and/or other coding language experience
- Knowledge of GIS
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Periscope, etc)
- Preferred degree with Computer Science or Statistics background
Please apply to NJDPJOBS@gmail.com with a cover letter, resume and three references with your application.
NJDP is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. NJDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. NJDP will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.