Our country is in a crisis, and stakes in 2018 couldn’t be higher. Since Donald Trump took office, MoveOn members have been a pillar of the resistance to the radical policies coming out of Congress and the White House. In this election, MoveOn will mobilize a grassroots wave to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care.
MoveOn.org’s “Resist & Win” 2018 election program centers on recruiting, training, and supporting hundreds of volunteer leaders in more than 100 congressional districts to mobilize thousands of volunteers to join them in strategic movement-building and voter engagement actions—paired with the power of our cutting-edge Video Lab, Analytics, Technology, Field, Digital, and Communications campaigning capacities.
We are determined to make the 2018 elections a turning point, helping Democrats win the House to create a roadblock to Trump and the Republicans’ ability to advance their toxic agenda, while building the movement for racial, economic, immigrant, and climate justice, and electing new progressive champions who can help lead our country to a better future in races down ballot across the country.
With millions of members nationwide and a 20-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground, MoveOn is uniquely suited to power the progressive wave it will take to win back control of the U.S. House in 2018 and strengthen our collective movement.
- Be deeply integrated into MoveOn’s 2018 election, field, and tech teams
- Understand and internalize the field and election teams’ plans for scaled electoral work and contribute to ongoing strategy discussions
- Iteratively determine the election team’s technical tooling and data integration needs, gather detailed technical requirements, and work with the tech team to get needed new features and systems designed, tested, built, and deployed
- Gather requirements for technical training needs, and work with the tech team to plan and execute technical trainings for the election team
- Understand the election team’s existing and desired processes and workflows and determine ways to optimize these workflows
- Analyze data to understand the effectiveness of current workflows and identify areas of opportunity or improvement
Required skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills—including the ability to engage effectively with MoveOn staff, stakeholders, and external vendors
- Able to communicate fluently with both technical and nontechnical staff, and drive clarity in cross-team discussions
- Strong and consistent communicator in video meetings and in writing
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Self-directed and efficient: able to determine the work to be done, prioritize, and get things done
- Hands-on: detail-oriented and in the weeds with both the election team and the tech team
- Ability to coordinate, plan, execute, and track large-scale implementation from beginning to end, and across technical and nontechnical teams
- Ability to facilitate meetings and ensure alignment across stakeholder groups
- Able to confidently manage competing priorities
- Excellent project management skills
- Determined, thorough, and a relentless finisher; able to reliably drive tasks and projects through to completion
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose team members all work remotely