Position: Civic Data Research Associate
Benefits: Vision, Dental, & Medical Insurance and Cell Phone Reimbursement
Location: Washington, DC strongly preferred
Type: Full Time
Start Date: March 2018
The Center for Technology and Civic Life is looking for a Research Associate to join its Civic Data team. The Civic Data team’s programs help organize the country’s election information and answer important questions about government and representation. Some examples of the work the Research Associate will do:
- Collect, maintain, and ensure the quality of CTCL’s civic datasets, including ballot and elected official information.
- Develop systems and processes for tracking research progress and timelines.
- Manage a short-term team of election fellows to hit our data collection goals in a fast-paced and intense period of time.
- Develop new datasets and original research for projects that further the organization’s mission.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Civic Data. The Research Associate will be joining a small distributed team, and will report to the Director of Civic Data.
- Research. Lead efforts in maintaining and expanding existing elected official and candidate datasets.*
- Dataset Development. Work with the Director of Civic Data to create new datasets and fulfill other civic data contracts as necessary.
- Quality Assurance. Develop and implement systems to ensure the accuracy of CTCL’s civic data.
- People Management. Manage a team of short-term election research fellows to hit our research and quality assurance goals.
- Communication. Clearly communicate with other members of the civic data team, with external partners, and with election officials to ensure high quality results.
- Automation. Create systems and processes for automated collection and maintenance of civic datasets.
- Writing & Analysis. Work with the Director of Civic Data to create documents and analyses based on civic data program work.