Environmental organization seeks data associate to help build long-term advocacy capacity by executing data-intensive programs and creating and leveraging analytical insights. It’s a chance to learn, grow and do good work on important issues with key organizations and work in an environment that blends the best parts of campaigns and advocacy atmospheres.
This position supports the industry-leading phones program and looks to constantly improve it. The work encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and professional opportunities. From targeting on Catalist tools and data, to analyzing programs and reports, to managing projects and relationships with allied organization data staffers. A successful candidate will have a background in data management, coalition collaboration, along with the desire for professional growth.
The Data & Phones Program Coordinator is responsible for:
Data & Targeting Execution
- Importing/exporting data, setting up automated functions and managing list matches, joins, dedupes, etc.
- Building and improving data and data tracking tools and platforms
- Improving vendor-executed phone programs
- Producing regular timely reports that are compelling and informative for data and non-data staff
- Identifying phone script tactics to test and evaluate to improve program performance among members, previous action takers and general public prospects
- Executing data quality assessments; identifying issues; devising and helping implement solutions
To be qualified for the job one must have:
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing data and voter file targeting for advocacy, membership and/or political campaign organizations
- Demonstrated experience working with vendors/consultants, tracking projects and sponsors as well as reporting progress
- Familiarity with Catalist and NGP VAN
- SQL QuickBase, Strata, R, VBA and/or Python is a plus
- Proficient experience using Excel Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP for data cleaning
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-expectation campaign environment
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with data and program staff internally as well as with partner organizations and external vendors
- Strong people and communication skills, including translating complex data into plain English and the ability to write concise summaries, recommendations and plans
- Experience building and managing data with a political campaign or non-profit membership
- Must be detail-oriented and organized • Interest in using data to evaluate program effectiveness and eagerness to learn new skills
Job is based in Washington, D.C. and comes with competitive pay and full benefits. Please send resume, cover letter, and a sample of a data scrub here. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.