POSTION: Technology Director
LOCATION: Denver, CO
The Colorado Democratic Party seeks a Technology Director to handle the day-to-day voter file needs of CDP, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists. Technology Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the CDP headquarters IT infrastructure, updating the WordPress site, management of all use and maintenance of and training for VoteBuilder. The Technology Director will also collect, report, and upload daily early voting updates into VoteBuilder. The Technology Director will have to be mindful of cybersecurity threats and report anomalies to the Chair, as well as ensuring the staff follows best practices, and regularly update CDP devices firmware and software.
- Be on a mission to help elect Democrats!
- At least two cycles of prior campaign experience, or one year as a VoteBuilder/VAN support admin.
- Strong VoteBuilder/VAN skills, and a love of teaching others in the ways of VAN.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, mail merge, and pivot tables.
- Basic knowledge of SQL including crafting queries and manipulating large data sets.
- Ability to write clear and effective trainings for staff, candidates, and volunteers.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to append data and pull reports from the NGP fundraising database.
- Ability to maintain Blue State Digital, and MailChimp blast email databases.
- Ability to manipulate GIS data (ArcGIS, QGIS, PostGIS, Mapbox) is a plus.
- Interest in Python or R for data science.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, and G Suite.
HOW TO APPLY: This is a full time position beginning on April 1st, 2018. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to Colin O’Connor email@example.com with the subject line “Technology Director Application”.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include Healthcare, dental, and vision.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the Colorado Democratic Party because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.