Civis Analytics was born on the campaign trail, with CEO Dan Wagner and our founding members spearheading the 2012 Obama for America analytics team. Since then, our DC and Chicago teams have been building software and products to provide best in class survey methodology, forecasts, digital analysis, and other analytics tools to campaigns and organizations.
As a Senior Applied Data Scientist in our DC office, you will have ownership over our relationship with critical progressive organizations, structure hard problems, analyze large data sets, build predictive models, collaborate in cross-functional teams, create client materials, and ensure on-time progress and delivery of our projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (political science, statistics, math, economics, physics, etc) or equivalent
- Proven affinity for and experience with working with large data sets
- Proven affinity for and experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python,STATA, etc.
- Experience framing analytics results within appropriate political context, and communicating these results to stakeholders at all levels
- Experiencing mentoring more junior members of a team
- Practical understanding of and experience with predictive analytics and machine learning
- Experience with the digital targeting and analytics