The Office of the Deputy Mayor For Public Safety and Justice (DMPSJ) is hiring a Research Fellow for their team! The Fellow will report to the Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice and will use their diverse skill set to make a positive, lasting difference on public safety in the District of Columbia. At DMPSJ, the Fellow will work on critical issues such as reducing and preventing violence, reforming emergency medical service delivery, and improving outcomes for victims. We’re looking for a Fellow who will work closely and collaboratively on highly sensitive projects involving law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services, homeland security, corrections and rehabilitation, violence interventions, and and victim services. The Fellow will lead collaborative projects between DMPSJ and The Lab — we considered the previous DMPSJ Fellow to also be a member of The Lab. Location: Washington, DC
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong quantitative analysis skills (R or Python preferred, but not exclusively);
- experience with project and relationship management;
- ability to quickly synthesize and apply academic research to District issues;
- a passion for issues that will improve public safety for District residents; and
- exceptional writing and communications skills.
The Research Fellow position is a full-time position with salary, benefits, and leave. See more and apply here