The American Civil Liberties Union is seeking a Special Assistant to the CTO who will support the Chief Technology Officer in creating and managing innovative technologies to reach programmatic goals and engage constituents for integrated advocacy, fundraising, and public communications. The Special Assistant to the CTO will be responsible for helping to facilitate efficiency in departmental operations. The role is also responsible for conducting research and data analysis to inform the building of processes and the implementation of technological innovations. The Special Assistant to the CTO will also work as a liaison between the CTO and ACLU staffers to successfully communicate the vision of the CTO to the rest of the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the management of day to day operations of the New York-based Product & Technology department.
- Pull data sets, analyze results, and formulate testing hypotheses on behalf of the CTO.
- Conduct product development research and present findings.
- Create reports and track activity related to product development and other departmental projects.
- Prepare and distribute digital playbooks.
- Manage budget and expense tracking for the department.
- Act as a resource for all staffers in the department.
- Act as a liaison as across the department and with other ACLU national staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of the developing digital and non-profit technology landscape.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- Performing other duties as appropriate and assigned.