For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than one million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is seeking a full-time Technical Product Manager to drive product development for constituent management and outreach products, services and platforms. The Technical Product Manager will play a leading role in building products to manage and engage constituents such that the ACLU’s advocacy, fundraising and communications needs are best met. This is core to the ACLU’s growth plans in the digital product space. The right candidate will have an inquisitive approach to understanding the power of readily accessible data and the innovation that can occur when seamless internal systems are leveraged to build smart digital products.
The Salesforce platform plays a major part in meeting the ACLU’s constituent management and outreach needs, and so the person in the role will have experience navigating the Salesforce ecosystem and will bring expertise on using the platform to support the ACLU’s product needs. To accomplish this work, the Technical Product Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders, product leadership and business leaders to create and execute on a coherent strategy. If you’re looking to accelerate the product growth and direction of the ACLU, you will find this role challenging and rewarding. The person in the role will join the Product & Technology Department in New York, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Owning and driving the roadmap, technical health and user strategy for the ACLU’s internal Salesforce implementation, in partnership with CRM business support staff.
- Leading the ideation, technical development and launch of constituent-facing and constituent-managing digital products that align with the ACLU’s broader organizational goals, at both the national and affiliate levels.
- Defining and analyzing metrics and data that inform the success of constituent-related digital products.
- Collaborating with ACLU stakeholders in Communications, Political Advocacy, Fundraising, and Business Support to plan product roadmaps.
- Leading the charge on establishing and optimizing best-in-class product development processes.
- Participating in release and testing plans with vendors and internal developers.
- Staying abreast of the Salesforce landscape and identifying and evaluating new product opportunities for the ACLU.
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, socio-economic circumstance, and record of arrest or conviction.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.