Empower Engine is a small political technology firm that focuses on data visualization on maps. We help campaigns do more with their data. We are proudly partisan and consider ourselves to be the mapping toolset for the Democrats and their allies on the political left.
Empower Engine has been a solo operation since the 2016 election, so this position can be seen as employee #1 for Empower Engine 2.0. The founder is looking for someone to take the rapidly increasing sales and outreach work off her plate. As with any very small company, employees should be ready to take on a wide variety of challenges. 50% of this job is pre-determined, and 50% will be crafted around whoever is hired. The ideal candidate will be either in Seattle or Washington DC, but applicants anywhere will be considered.
What You’ll Definitely Do
- Take the lead on acquiring new business through product sales and partnerships
- Empower more candidates with our tools in the important 2018 cycle (and beyond)
- Develop sales pipeline by reaching out to party and advocacy organization staff, consultants, and members of the professional campaign community
- Onboard new clients
- Travel as needed to political conferences and other networking opportunities
- Manage our social media
- Be an integral part of a small team helping the progressive movement
Areas You Could Delve Into
Based on your skills and our needs, we expect you to work in at two of these fields but not all of them. These will be discussed during the hiring process.
- Customer Support
- Business Development
- IT/System Administration
- User Interface Design
- Software Engineering
- Data Pipeline
- Human Resources
- Anything else that a small business needs