As a member of TargetSmart’s Client Services Team, you will provide support for our Sales and Client Services teams as we engage with progressive organizations and Democratic campaigns, consultants, and polling firms’ to encourage their use of all of TargetSmart’s data, products, and technology tools. This role includes maintaining relationships with and providing pricing and sales support for a broad range of Clients and prospective clients, educating sales prospects and recurring Clients on TargetSmart’s data and offerings, and playing an essential role in the overall day to day Client Services operations of TargetSmart by performing a number of critical administrative tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily inbound Sales related requests through various communication channels – email, phone, staff referrals.
- Support and coordinate the completion of the full sales cycle with new and current clients as well as with industry partners. This includes helping to manage the contracting process from proposal to final signature using internal database systems and processes.
- Once a contract has been signed, prepare Product Order Information for the Client onboarding process.
- Track projects scheduled for delivery each week and follow up with the Client, in coordination with the Sales and Client Services teams on the product that was delivered.
- Track Client data usage, data commitments, and data refresh schedules and work with the Sales, Client Services, Accounting, and Production Teams as needed to insure proper billing and accounting and to make sure terms of contracts are being met.
- Support the management of TargetSmart’s companywide sales pipeline.
- Support use of the company databases for all sales, renewal, and prospecting activities.
- Produce SalesForce reports such as sales forecasting, sales opportunities, and existing contracts as necessary.
- Work with Major Accounts Managers on contract renewals and upsell opportunities.
- Provide updated content for MyTargetSmart as necessary.
- Attend events, conferences, and summits as needed.
- Work with the Sales and Client Services Teams on marketing materials and internal and external product modifications, standardization, and documentation as needed.
- Plan and execute Client Roundtable Meetings and other special Client events.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience working with political data (i.e.- voter files, donor lists, membership lists, etc.)
- Experience working with Voter Activation Network (VAN) software or other similar online data querying software
- 1-2 years’ experience working with Campaigns, Progressive Non-Profits, Polling Firms, or Political Consultants
- Ability to trouble-shoot issues and solve problems requiring quick turnaround times
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and see them through to completion
- Attention to detail
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience using SalesForce and Project Management software
- Comfortable learning new systems and using new technology
This job will be located in TargetSmart’s Washington, D.C. office.