Callisto is a rapidly growing nonprofit tech startup that has created an online sexual assault reporting and documentation system that helps identify serial sexual predators. The system launched 2.5 years ago on 2 pilot college campuses, and has since grown to 13 colleges and an entertainment industry pilot. Reporting on participating campuses has doubled, assaults have been reported 3 times faster, and 15% of victims have matched with another victim of the same assailant (meaning they were informed that they weren’t the only one and connected to the same investigator or legal advisor). In the next year, we will be rapidly expanding to address sexual assault and coercion in multiple industries, connecting victims of the same predator together and with legal support.
About The Position:
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our Product Team and be part of working towards this mission. As a Senior Software Engineer at Callisto, you will be working at a fast-paced, non-profit tech startup to implement and support first-class technical infrastructure in order to solve a complex problem in the social justice, data security, and legal space. This position will be based in San Francisco.
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer, engineering and design team to innovate highly impactful products for survivors of sexual assault and harassment
- Architect and deliver secure, user-friendly and accessible products
- Execute Callisto’s data security and advanced cryptography strategy
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Participate in product team activities, such as daily standups, user-centric product design, QA work, and project management
- Help create a world where sexual violence is rare and survivors are supported
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting production quality software
- High proficiency programming in front-end tools such as ReactJS or AngularJS
- Proficiency working with back-end tools such as NodeJS or Django
- Experience in building and shipping products with a data security focus
- Experience owning projects from end-to-end
- Working knowledge of relational databases and Git
- Experience working in cross-functional product development teams
- Comfortable working with a geographically-distributed software development team
We’ll Give You:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Salary commensurate with experience
- A professional development budget and guidance to help your career grow as our organization grows
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.