Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We develop strategies to put an end to policies and practices holding Black people back, while championing the solutions that move all people forward. As a national force driven by over one million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more humane and less hostile world for Black people in America. In 2005, Color Of Change was founded in response to the realization that during the Hurricane Katrina crisis, no one was afraid to disappoint Black people. There were no consequences for Black people being left stranded on their roofs to die, nor was there sufficient infrastructure among Black communities to aggregate our power and demand them for those that perpetuated or refused to acknowledge the tragic injustice. Color Of Change impacts lives by introducing accountability into the systems of decision-making. We leverage emerging technologies and our media savvy and sharp focus to build the power it takes to move decision makers in corporations, media and government to drive meaningful change for Black people in service of ending injustice for all oppressed groups.
The Development Team of Color Of Change (COC) ensures there are sufficient resources for COC to remain a powerful influencer across broad segments of the progressive movement. We are creative and passionate professionals committed to excellence in the pursuit of Color of Change’s mission. We are committed to racial equity in America and building an effective, unapologetic and unrelenting opposition– built to win media wars and win back hearts and minds; block destructive policies from taking effect; mobilize missions of people to define the majority; and ultimately govern the country. We do this through driving COC’s resource development strategy and infrastructure, to advance the Color Of Change mission.
Color Of Change seeks a Database and Grants Manager to drive the implementation of systems and structures across the Development team. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Development, the Database and Grants Manager will guide the fundraising team’s use of our donor database and information systems, ensuring a streamlined process in support of all development efforts.
Grants and Donor Data Administration: Serve as a cohesive force to identify, implement and maintain inter- and intra-departmental systems that support a compliant, highly efficient and rapid response-focused Development department.
- Oversee development donor data integrity and reports on donor data to preserve organizational knowledge and facilitate collaboration
- Ensure all gifts are properly and timely acknowledged and activity reports and analysis for Senior Leadership and board are prepared regularly.
- Manage development acknowledgement systems with the goal of increasing the level of service to Color Of Change’s individual donors.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive organization-wide calendar that includes all proposal deadlines, grant/contract-funded project start dates, end dates, reporting dates, and renewal dates, as well as other important dates related to proposal submission and renewal funding,
- Ensure that all internal stakeholder groups are aware of deadlines and information required for donor/ funding proposals and reports.
- Support stewardship and recognition, including development donor listings and levels