The Reporting Director will report directly to the National Data & Analytics Director. The Reporting Director will help design and execute a series of daily, weekly, and monthly reports that supports For Our Future’s state and national staff execute robust field activity. The Reporting Director will work with For Our Future’s data across multiple platforms, including NGP VAN and Catalist tools including the S. The Reporting Director will work closely with the field program and leadership team to establish reporting that provides the necessary clarity and insight into the work being done across departments. In addition, the Reporting Director will be a member of the Data & Analytics team and will be responsible for supporting the team as needed.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Creating and maintaining reports and dashboards that illustrate program activity across departments, including field, digital, communications, and legal.
- Act as the administrator to For Our Future’s database, including creating and overseeing processes for clean data management.
- Work with closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
- Communicate reporting platform to outside partners like America Votes to avoid redundancies.
- Promote a strong and inclusive culture and a team that is mission-driven, well-trained and set up for success in states.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Data & Analytics Director.
Qualifications & Experience
- Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power – A firm understanding of state legislative processes and political landscape, and the path to building power in states. Ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- Data Management – Previous data management experience on electoral or issue based field campaign(s), including strong familiarity with VAN and data support systems.
- Technical Background – Strong MS Excel, SQL, and Tableau skills; mapping and GIS tools like ArcGIS or QGIS; an understanding of database management.
- Automation and Scripting – Familiarity with scripting tools like Python to automate internal data processes.
- Partner Communication – Ability to relay programmatic details to external and independent partners and funders.
- Vendor Relationships – Ability to communicate the organization’s technical needs concisely with multiple data vendors.
- Technical Training – Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. VAN, Excel) to a less technical audience, resulting in more efficient program.
- Commitment to the Mission – Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Solutions-oriented approach – a willingness to take initiative, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly. Multi-tasker with excellent time management skills and ability to hit deadlines.
- Communication Skills – Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to write compelling program reports, fundraising/marketing documents, and program debrief reports. Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and work toward resolution required.
- Coalition Work – Experience working in a coalition setting, particularly coalitions with labor partners, strongly preferred. Experience in engaging and understanding the unique nature of individual unions and how they fit into the greater progressive landscape. Experience in engaging progressive organizations in dense urban areas, as well as suburban and rural areas, is preferred.
- Candidates should have 2-3 cycles of campaign experience or comparable issue advocacy experience.
The Reporting Director position is located in Washington, D.C. Must be willing to occasionally travel and work long hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays