UFCW is seeking a Senior Data Specialist to extract information from various sources, enters it into desired systems and provides effective ways to compile, organize, study and present that information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and generate reports and spreadsheets capturing key data related to UFCW’s programs, campaigns and other interests from various sources including the Internet.
- Research, update, and validate original spreadsheet and database data.
- Develops and implement standard operating procedures to bridge data gaps and to ensure that the data are up to date and relevant.
- Creates pivot tables and modify spreadsheets to achieve analytical goals. Create charts and graphs.
- Secures information with database backups.
- Knowledge of advanced excel functions including VLOOKUP and Macros/VBA.
- Experience finding creative solutions to parse and sort large, messy data sets.
- Proficient in creating and managing databases in Microsoft Access.
- Familiarity with browser automation and proprietary web scraping applications (such as iMacros, Scrapy, or Parsehub).
- Acquaintance with political contact management systems such as VAN and Catalyst.
- Ability to write basic code in Python, HTML, or Ruby.
- Experience utilizing Google, Pipl, and other APIs to gather structured data.
- Typing: 45 wpm, 10-key speed of at least 8,000 KPH w/minimal errors.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Duration: Fulltime position; posting closes when position is filled.
See more and apply here