The AFL-CIO builds unity across the labor movement to ensure all working people have the freedom to join together to negotiate a better life for themselves and their families. Our goal is to build power for all working people, and make every job a good job. We are ultimately accountable to 55 affiliated unions that represent over 12.5 million working people.
Our mission in the Data, Analytics and Infrastructure Department is to support this work. We aim to ensure that, as a labor movement, we’re running the strongest and most cost effective political and legislative mobilization, digital, and organizing campaigns that we possibly can. That takes a variety of forms: making central investments in tools and infrastructure to support many different kinds of users, direct service work, training, strategy consulting, etc. We serve a broad range of different clients across the labor movement.
The Data Systems Administrator will:
- Become an expert in the Labor Action Network–the AFL-CIO’s instance of the VAN–to provide support and maintenance of the tool for the hundreds of users who use it on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with other team members to design and implement a training curriculum on the LAN.
- Provide support, guidance and strategy to AFL-CIO staff and other stakeholders on how to best integrate the LAN and other member engagement tools into their member contact programs.
In practice, we’re looking for someone who is able to do the following:
- Love interfacing with users of the LAN and other member engagement tools to help them solve problems and increase their knowledge on how to use these tools efficiently.
- Come up with compelling training materials and be able to deliver them effectively to audiences of different sizes and expertise levels.
- Working collaboratively with other team members to come up with ways to provide strategic guidance and support to make the AFL-CIO joint mobilization program the most effective program it can be.
- Coordinate with other team members to figure out how we can make our work more efficient.
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time.