The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Data Director. The primary role of this position will be day-to-day administration of the Votebuilder (NGP-VAN). Strong candidates for this positions should have a combination of technical and interpersonal skills to successfully work with state and local organizations improving the function and efficiency of their electoral programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide data and technological guidance on issue related to campaigns
- Administer, support, and train users on Votebuilder Tools and other campaign related technology platforms
- Generate voter lists for mailing, canvassing and phoning; and manipulate membership, volunteer, or other lists to match to the voter file and load in Votebuilder
- Provide excellent and timely customer support to staff and campaigns,
- Conduct voter targeting and analysis (with emphasis on the application of micro-targeting, demographic and geographic factors) for candidates and local political committees
- Work with campaigns and local committees to establish best practices and standards for data collection, data acquisition and preservation
- Prepare supporting documentation for customers, including statistical analysis and reports, instructions and summaries
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical individuals
- Experience using Votebuilder and administering Votebuilder
- Strong computer skills are required and candidates should have experience using (or the ability to quickly learn) spreadsheet and database applications (such as Excel, MS Access, SQL, MySQL, DB Visualizer)
- A basic understanding of common direct voter contact programs (phone, mail, canvass, etc)
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday, March 1, 2018.