Civis Analytics is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Political team in DC.
The political ADS team in DC works directly with leaders in a diverse array of some of the top progressive organizations — from advocacy groups to campaign committees.
In this role, you will work directly with political campaigns and organizations and help them discover opportunities to apply our data science solutions to their organizational needs. This will involve collaborating in cross-functional teams, creating client materials, analyzing large novel data sets, and ensuring on-time progress and delivery of our projects.
Civis Analytics has opportunities for applicants who are seasoned professionals, brilliant newcomers, and anywhere in between. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Work with colleagues to structure complex client problems to be solved using imperfect data
- Enhance, find patterns in, and build models on large data sets
- Work directly with clients to provide guidance, structure solutions, and answer their questions
- Work with Applied Data Scientist Managers to derive clear, actionable, and timely insights from analyses
- Work with Applied Data Scientist Managers to create presentations that are client-ready, clear, and accurate
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (political science, statistics, math, economics, physics, etc) or equivalent
- Proven affinity for and experience with working with large data sets
- 3-4 years work experience in client facing, fast paced roles
- Experience with framing analytics results within appropriate business context, and communicating these results to stakeholders at all levels
- Experience presenting analytical work to client senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to complete work on time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Practical understanding of and experience with predictive analytics
- Proven interest in politics and campaigns
Experience working with SQL or other database backends Baseline understanding of programming languages such as R, Python, etc. Experiencing mentoring more junior members of a team