The Movement Cooperative was launched in December 2017 to provide progressive organizations access to the best possible data, technology, and technical expertise available. While movement organizing and advocacy are more urgent than ever, many organizations and activists cannot easily access the data and technology that would help scale their work. Additionally, organizations often face the issue of dealing with siloed datasets from their various programs and tools, making it difficult to truly gauge and optimize impact. TMC was founded with the aim of addressing these structural challenges.
Currently our membership stands at 12 groups (Center for Popular Democracy, Civic Engagement Fund [on behalf of their sponsors], Color of Change, Democracy for America, Democrats.com, Indivisible, Move On, People’s Action, PICO National Network, Stand Up America, Swing Left, and Working Families Party), with more organizations slated to join in April 2018.
Our members receive full access to our data warehouse and analytics platform, unlimited access to national voter/consumer files, and the technical support to get them properly set up and supported in an ongoing way, including the establishment of syncs and data pipelines from a continually-expanding suite of organizing and digital tools.
Description of positions
We are hiring a Technical Strategy team to help us maintain this infrastructure and provide strategic and technical services to our member organizations. The specific workflows managed by this team will include, but will not necessarily be limited to: maintaining a clean, well-organized central data warehouse; maintaining appropriate security and privacy standards for member data; working with data vendors to process voter file updates and early vote data; working with technology vendors to build and maintain data syncs; helping member organizations utilize the central data warehouse to manipulate, analyze, and understand their data; helping member organizations move voter file data to external tools; providing training and guidance on the strategic use of voter file and associated data.
We are seeking a team lead with prior staff management experience as well as team members. These are a full-time, permanent positions. The person(s) who fills this position will work directly with the Executive Director & COO.
Members of our Technical Strategy team must have most of the following qualifications:
- Multiple cycles working in campaigns, electorally-focused, or advocacy organizations, including at least one full cycle in a data or analytics role
- Ability to provide thoughtful and speedy services to diverse stakeholders with many different kinds of needs and varying levels of expertise with data and technology, including the ability to identify and tactfully manage situations where requested services differ from best practices
- Moderate or better SQL ability
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python and R
- Experience managing complex technical and quantitative projects
- Experience administering technical tools, including providing trainings
- Experience working with APIs or data syncs
- Experience developing, administering, or coordinating commonly-used data science projects such as predictive modeling and randomized controlled trials
- Ability to quickly learn how to interact with and administer new technical tools
- Interest in, and ability to evaluate, new technologies and products that may be useful to progressive organizations
- Very high level of attention to detail