Greenberg Quinlan Rosner is an internationally recognized survey research firm specializing in public opinion polls and focus groups. We work around the world for political campaigns and parties, public interest organizations and foundations as well as corporate crisis management and positioning. You can learn more about us at www.gqrr.com.
GQR has an opening for a paid internship in our Washington, DC office on our political analytics team focusing on data handling, processing public opinion surveys and conducting political and strategic analysis. This internship will last six months and is 40 hours per week. We apologize that we can only contact those candidates who are invited to interview.
We are seeking a full-time intern with an interest in public opinion research, U.S. politics, political campaigns with excellent research, communication and organizational skills. Interns gain an inside perspective on public opinion polling, learning what it is, how it works and how it’s used in political campaigns; gain a better understanding of the importance of appropriate interpersonal skills, communication and teamwork; and understand career path possibilities within the polling industry.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
- Past office experience, understanding of and interest in U.S. politics, ability to handle multiple tasks, and attention to detail are necessities.
- Familiarity with STATA, R, or SPSS is required, and an interest in political public opinion research/campaign management is greatly appreciated.
- SQL proficiency is a plus.
- Standardizing and storing internal and externally-sourced survey data
- Maintaining a database design that maximizes value to company and clients
- Working in a relational database structure
- Conducting political data analysis
- Creating statistical outputs and contributing to reports and graphic presentations.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter as A SINGLE DOCUMENT in the resume upload field at http://www.gqrr.com/careers. Applicants should note their possible start date.