|Full-time, Contract||TX Congressional Campaign||Data & Analytics Director|
Position Description: Top red to blue race which has received national attention, seeks an experienced individual for the full-time position of Data & Analytics Director. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical and political skills to manage all aspects of data across the campaign’s organizing, digital, and fundraising programs. The Data & Analytics Director will report to the Campaign Manager.
- Manage and coordinate all data needs of the campaign.
- Work with staff and other strategists responsible for managing the organizing, digital and fundraising programs with a focus on setting goals, determining targeting, tracking progress, and continually optimizing program performance.
- Work with staff and other strategists to analyze success of digital outreach including social media presence and acquisition, effectiveness of email campaigns and effectiveness of website and broader digital presence. Make recommendations to staff and other strategists to improve performance and revise digital strategy.
- Manage Votebuilder for the campaign. This includes administration, targeting, and reporting, in addition to the training of staff and volunteers.
- Create reporting and accountability systems that will aid department heads in decision making and monitoring progress to goal.
- Recommend, support setup of, and manage data for organizing tools, including for SMS, email, and phone.
- Make recommendations and provide strategic support regarding ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective.
- Candidates should have an understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least three cycles of campaign experience using data to drive effective decision-making.
- Strong VAN skills are required; familiarity with other online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Background in digital acquisition and marketing and strategic data evaluation is preferred
- Strong Excel skills are required, as is willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills.
- Experience working with statistical models, and using results for targeting and campaign planning.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long, irregular ‘campaign-style’ hours.
- A demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- Previous campaign field experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, works well under pressure, is detail oriented, and meets deadlines.
Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving while working independently or on a team, as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is based in Houston, TX
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Political Campaign: 2 years
- Political Field Organizing: 1 year
- Political Data: 1 year