Miami, Remote · Cofounder
CivicPro is a social enterprise dedicated to helping free users and premium clients participate more effectively in the local policymaking process.
About the Role
We’re an early stage startup looking for someone with an interest in bringing transparency to local government. Being such a small team requires all of us to wear as many different hats as possible when needed and as such the role will be a mix of product management, product design, and will require a focus on user experience.
- Built software solutions before that solves real world problems.
- Strong Object Oriented development skills in Python or another Object Oriented language.
- Strong understanding of web application development and exposure to web application frameworks (e.g, Django, Rails, Flask, etc.)
- Strong understanding of database design and familiarity with relational databases (e.g. postgres)
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and common software design patterns.
- Exposure or willingness to learn about enterprise search engines (e.g. Solr)
CivicPro is a Miami-based social enterprise focused on making it easier to track and engage with the local government policy decisions that affect you, your business, and your city. We recently won the Knight Cities Challenge and are developing a Bloomberg-style terminal for local government to help residents and professionals monitor information across cities and counties so that they can participate effectively in the policymaking process.
Salary and other compensation commensurate with experience.