PDI National is a comprehensive data and software product that merges the national Catalist voter file with software tools and data created by PDI. We are seeking an enthusiastic database manager who is excited about working on a national voter file and isn’t afraid of taking on big data challenges.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with technical, analytical, and effective communication skills, as well as a strong interest in progressive politics. Thoroughness, attention to detail, and an understanding of how data informs decisions are important characteristics. PDI values creativity and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
This position is full time, available immediately, and will report to PDI’s VP of Data Operations. The National Data Manager will be primarily located in Washington, DC with occasional travel. Other primary locations may be considered.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain pipeline of data from and back to Catalist
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Catalist data
- Ensure timeline of state data and model updates
- Build and maintain national precinct file
- Build and maintain Tableau visualization tools
- Work to make Catalist data as field ready as possible
- Help maintain large client data, including membership, models, local enhancements, and other custom data
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Vertica and SQL experience needed
- Intermediate Python or R Skills
- Must have at least one campaign cycle working with, maintaining, and running a national/multi-state voter file
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tool
- Experience with Shape files
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Ability to translate client issues into internal instructions
- Ability to work long campaign hours when needed
- Creative problem solving and pragmatic attitude
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision. To apply please email (with “PDI National Data Manager” as the subject) your resume, a cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and strongly encouraged to apply.