The Atlas Project provides an interactive platform for political research and data that helps the progressive community make smart, effective, and cost-efficient decisions on electoral and issue advocacy campaigns. We rely on a team of political, research, and data analysts who have a proven track record of developing customized, actionable research to help meet our clients’ needs.
Founded in 2004 by Steve Rosenthal, the Atlas Project’s mission is to arm campaigns and progressive organizations with the insight, analysis, and tools to help avoid costly missteps and make better strategic decisions, in addition to serving as the institutional memory for progressives.
Director of Political Research and Client Services The Director of Political Research and Client Services manages a team of analysts and fellows that produce high-level political research and analysis to support Atlas’ comprehensive state reports, Online Toolkit, and an array of clients in the progressive community.
- Managing team of analysts and fellows to turn around research in a timely manner
- Independently fielding and fulfilling research requests from Atlas clients
- Working with Atlas subscribers to best utilize the Online Toolkit and other products
- Reviewing and editing projects including Roadmap Reports, client requests, and internal research
- Writing briefings, memos, presentations, and other materials on research findings
- At least five years of professional research and/or campaign experience
- Strong research and writing skills
- The ability to independently compile information and data from publicly available sources and distill it into a concise and easy to follow narrative for distribution to clients
- Experience with voter file software such as Catalist Q Tool or VAN
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of our fast-paced team
- At least one cycle of campaign field experience
- Knowledge of Lexis-Nexis, campaign finance reporting, and media monitoring
- Knowledge of QGIS, ArcGIS, or similar software
- Experience working within campaign-related firewalls
This is a full-time position with generous benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Director of Political Research and Client Services” in the subject line. The Atlas Project is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please specify where you saw this posting.