The Research Associate assists in all stages of the research process, including questionnaire design, analysis of survey findings, and drafting report content. The Research Associate will advise on and conduct analysis for PRRI’s major reports, including the development of scales and the use of other advanced statistical techniques where appropriate. This position will also be responsible for regularly contributing to PRRI’s blog by offering new insights and analysis from recent PRRI surveys. The Research Associate will also assist in responding to media requests, producing toplines and banners, and number-checking all PRRI’s research products.
Research & Analysis (60%):
- Assist with drafting survey questionnaires and developing research designs
- Coordinate number checking and fact checking for all research products
- Conduct custom analyses in response to media requests; assist in the development of research-based talking points for media interviews
- Assist in the development of graphics for major reports and blog posts
- Conduct literature review and background research for academic presentations and projects
- Take lead role in drafting PRRI research reports
- Assist with other writing assignments, including scholarly articles and other writing tasks as assigned
- Review all research content to ensure accuracy
- Minimum of five years conducting, analyzing, and writing about public opinion research, preferably within an established research organization
- Strong quantitative and statistical skills, including experience with SPSS, Stata, R, and other statistical tools
- Strong editorial judgement and exceptional ability to communicate research and survey results clearly and concisely to lay audiences
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in political science, sociology, statistics, or other public opinion-related field preferred, but not necessary
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is May 31, 2018 or until position is filled. No phone calls or recruiters, please.