Battleground Texas is hiring a Data Director to run the Data and Analytics department. The Data Director will work closely with the Field and Digital teams to ensure we are able to run a metrics-driven field program. A majority of the Data Director’s day will be spent working in the Battleground Texas VoteBuilder/VAN database, utilizing SQL and other skills to produce reports that reflect the activity of various programs, specifically field programs, and also provide analysis to inform the program going forward. The Data Director is a member of the Senior Staff. This position is preferably based in Austin, TX.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to create voter and volunteer contact universes;
- Ability to create and run clear and concise reports for staff at all levels to track the progress of programs;
- Strong Excel and SQL skills to analyze and present data in a clear, effective, and succinct manner;
- Strong familiarity with VoteBuilder/VAN database; both as a user and administrator;
- Experience communicating data, verbally and visually, to non-data audiences;
- The ideal candidate has experience using GIS software, preferably in conjunction with a Post GIS database;
- Experience training people with a wide variety of skill levels on technical subjects;
- Strong familiarity with and understanding of competitive field programs;
- Ability to multitask effectively and manage conflicting priorities;
- The ideal candidate has Texas experience; and
- A minimum of one election cycle working in Data at the statewide or national level, or two or more cycles on competitive downballot races.