Associate Data Engineers at BlueLabs have a passion for problem solving at the intersection of data and engineering. Whether it’s architecting a new data processing pipeline, building out internal tooling, scaling our modeling work, or feature engineering collaboratively with Data Scientists, the Associate Data Engineer works closely with both the Data Science and Engineering teams across a wide-variety of BlueLabs’ work. They have strong technical skills and are also creative thinkers who are always looking to innovate and deliver value to our clients. They aren’t afraid of messy data, and are comfortable working in a fast paced, production-oriented environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope, design, and implement data pipelines and processes.
- Develop/deploy data visualizations and internal tools to facilitate data analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate with Data Science to support and optimize BlueLabs’ modeling work.
- Strives to support team excellence by documenting processes and evangelizing new approaches.
You probably have…
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or a quantitative field, or significant personal programming experience.
- Proficient understanding of a general programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Proficient understanding of a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Julia.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.
You may also have…
- The ability to manipulate data with SQL.
- Experience working with messy data or building ETL data pipelines.
- Experience creating informative and engaging data visualizations using industry leading tools.
- The ability to create user interfaces for new products using frameworks such as Shiny or Django.
We know that the best candidate may not fit neatly into the boxes we define here so if this sounds like a place you want to work, even if you’re not confident you perfectly match our posting, we still encourage you to apply! We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an ecosystem for innovation and development. If you want more information about who we are as a team, check out our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram.
BlueLabs believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger team and more impactful partner for our clients. We’re committed to a diverse team, and qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veterans status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.