America Votes seeks an experienced individual for the full-time position of national reporting manager for the 2018 election cycle. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, targeting, analysis and data visualization services. America Votes seeks an experienced individual to take a leadership role in managing the organization’s reporting offerings for partner groups. The national reporting manager reports to the national data and targeting director.
Location: Washington, DC
- In collaboration with national and state data staff, define key metrics and determine process for collecting data on these metrics.
- Conceive of, create and maintain dashboard-style reports for a variety of audiences. Follow appropriate process for ensuring accuracy of reports.
- Own the acquisition of data, as appropriate, including working with vendors to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Identify gaps in the organization’s technical reporting infrastructure and help create and execute plans to fill those gaps.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience creating data visualizations for a variety of audiences (especially using tools such as Periscope, Tableau, Google Data Studio or similar) and a passion for presenting data in a way that tells a clear story.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and material presentation skills.
- Some experience working with shapefiles; advanced GIS skills not required.
- A creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving and commitment to progressive values.
- Experience working with political data; intermediate R or Python skills; AWS experience.
- Knowledge of progressive organizations and their operations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability working in coalitions with multi-issue agendas a plus.
$55,000-$60,000 depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401(k).