America Votes seeks an experienced individual for the full-time position of deputy data and targeting manager for the 2018 electoral cycle in North Carolina. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, data and targeting services and seeks an experienced individual with a combination of technical and political skills to manage these services and work with state partner groups. The deputy data and targeting manager will report to the state director.
- Manage and coordinate all data needs of America Votes state staff and partners.
- Manage voter file access for America Votes partner organizations and their consultants. This includes administration and security; training and providing available technical assistance.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance voter contact programs. This includes assisting partners in employing best practices.
- Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment database, virtual predictive dialer and other web-based programs and information.
- Work with other America Votes staff and partner groups to ensure that programs are maximizing shared voter file, targeting and other data resources.
- Make recommendations and provide strategic support regarding ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Work with vendors to resolve any information technology issues that may arise.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Candidates should understand common direct voter contact programs and have at least one cycle of experience in the use of data in candidate or issue-base campaigns.
- Strong VAN administrative skills are required; familiarity with other online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills are required, as is willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills such as, but not limited to, QGIS.
- Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team, as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long, irregular “campaign-style” hours and to travel as needed, especially during campaign season. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
- Ability to clearly communicate complicated data-related information to audiences without much data background.
- Must demonstrate discretion and good judgment.
- Field experience in a volunteer or staff capacity a plus.