The Santa Barbara Foundation has an immediate opening for a Database Administrator. The first year of the position will be focused on cleaning up data, integrating new processes for reports, report building, surveying each department’s needs and developing department-specific queries. Following which the Database Administrator will be the ‘keeper’ of the database content at the Santa Barbara Foundation, performing periodic audits and performing regular data health checks. Reporting to the Information Technology (IT) Manager the Database Administrator will test modifications to the databases as needed (GrantedEdge and Raiser’s Edge), refine procedures for data entry and management, train staff, and document changes in protocol. The Database Administrator will support the IT Manager and Director of Evaluation and Learning to accurately capture, organize, manage and analyze data to achieve departmental and organizational objectives in accordance to the Foundation’s 2018-2023 Strategic Plan.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position with a rich benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, STD/LTD/AD&D, 401K plan with employer matching options and 12 paid holidays per year.
See full job description here For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@sbfoundation.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview. No phone calls please.
- Working closely with the IT Manager to be the primary point of contact for data in and out of constituent databases.
- Design and build queries and exports to fulfill data requests from staff.
- Build report templates based on requested criteria for continuous usage to share with internal and external consumers.
- Update and maintain designation coding in constituent records for outreach, education, fundraising efforts and relationship management.
- Perform data cleanup (e.g. deduping records and correction of fields) daily updates, maintenance, and enhancement of all constituent records in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Communicate with Donor Services Coordinator on best practices and needs in Philathropic Services (donor development) department.
- Maintain workflows, consistency in data entry and mine data on grants on GrantedEdge.
- Train staff on ways to best optimize their use in of basic workflow and reports, identify the and best practices for effective usage.
- Process information received from the Foundation website via the NetCommunity functions, such as email/newsletter opt-ins, opt-outs, and updates, etc.
- Generate accurate mailing lists for direct mail appeals and event invitations
- Document data entry processes and procedures
- Other Duties as assigned