Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table (“the Table”) is a state-based collaboration of nonpartisan civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage historically underrepresented communities in the democratic process. Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices, a national network that encompasses nonpartisan civic engagement tables in 20 states.
- Service voter file requests for partners including counts, universe recommendations, and exports
- Support field staff and voter contact programs
- Organize and conduct trainings on a voter file platform (VAN) as well as timely technical assistance.
- Support coalition coordination by tracking organizational programs and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Administer, support, and train users on voter file systems (Catalist and VAN) and other online organizing tools.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the State Directors and Data and Targeting Director.
- Assist our table partners in conducting voter registration programs that meet the highest possible standards
- Ensure relevant data points from voter registration programs are captured and entered into the appropriate database
- The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience in labor, political or community organizing, and political campaigns preferred.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills needed
- Excel skills preferred. Familiarity with online electoral tools such as Catalist and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Experience conducting training on technical matters in a clear, engaging manner.