Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks Deputy Data Directors passionate about finding data-driven ways to make our targeted voter contact and other strategies more impactful. Deputy Data Directors will report directly to the Data and Analytics Director. No formal education or political data experience is required - people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Implement innovative best practices in targeting and voter contact
- Create and maintain reports that will track our progress and inform our strategies
- Craft and present materials to non-technical audiences
- Be a key player in data team projects
Required Qualifications - you will be a good fit for this role if:
- You can explain why it is important that data is clean, accurate, and presented clearly
- You have a set of technical skills (which may include Excel, Google Sheets, GIS, SQL, R, and/or Python), an analytical perspective, and a desire to learn new skills and design your own projects
- You take ownership of tasks and projects that are assigned to you while actively participating in collaborative, communicative environments
- You are proficient enough in VAN to troubleshoot and train others
- You are passionate about electing Democrats to office and contributing knowledge to the progressive community
Preferred Qualifications - we’d love to hear about these skills (they are not required):
- Prior organizing experience
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary for this role will range from $4000 to $5000 (based on qualifications)
- Benefits include: employer-sponsored health and dental insurance, access to a 401(k), public transit benefit, paid time off, and professional development opportunities
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) is a grassroots organization with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. We design, test, and execute specialized voter turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive congressional districts in the country. In 2016, PTP participated in 19 competitive congressional districts by putting more than 200 field staff on the ground, making more than 500,000 phone calls, and sending more than 2 million pieces of mail. We continued this work in 2017, working in 11 special elections at the statewide, congressional, and local levels; investing heavily in the Virginia House of Delegates elections; and organizing with progressive local groups all across the country.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.