Stand.earth is hiring for a data analyst in our small but mighty digital team. If you love crunching data, get excited when you see revelations in the numbers, enjoy the thrill of streamlining a process, and can immerse yourself in data and tables without the need for stimulants then this might be the perfect role for you!
We are seeking a Data Analyst who will be working closely with Stand.earth’s Fundraising and Digital departments as well as outside consultants. The ideal candidate will have foundational experience in migrating and analyzing large data sets, thrive in a demanding, deadline-driven work environment, and demonstrate an interest in learning new tools and platforms. This is a full-time exempt position with excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and will likely be within the range of $42,000-$51,000 USD or $55,000 to $65,000 CAD.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Regularly and accurately move data between various platforms like Every Action, Salesforce, Classy, PayPal, and other third parties apps, or establish process automation that achieves the same objectives.
- Supervise and ensure the accuracy and smooth operations of gift intake and reporting procedures and supervise the delivery of consistent, accurate revenue and reconciliation reports for international fundraising and finance teams.
- Design and implement table structures, relationships, and processes that capture and produce information to enable accurate decision making in our fundraising and digital engagement teams.
- Create, maintain and upload lists for various direct marketing efforts like tele-calling, direct mail, list swaps and online ads.
- Produce fast and accurate data that feed into a six-monthly budgeting, forecasting, and planning process.
- Rethink and redesign our entire online fundraising systems to bring in process efficiency and accuracy.
- Spot data anomalies and inaccuracies, take corrective and preventive measures and ensure process compliance with all stakeholders. Maintain our in-house data compliance tools and continually improve their user experience.
- Design, deliver and monitor consistent and accurate supporter engagement and fundraising dashboards in consultation with executive, development, and campaign leadership.
- Conduct regular deep dive into data to observe and unravel insights and therefore make strategic recommendations
Who you’ll be:
- The ideal candidate for this role will be excited to take on a challenge, self-motivated with oodles of initiative and persistence, and have the following experiences and skills sets.
- Has at minimum 2 years’ experience working with data related to fundraising or digital engagement.
- Has at least two years’ in-depth experience working with E-campaigning tools like NGP/VAN, ActionKit, Engaging Networks or with large nonprofit databases like Salesforce NPSP or Raiser’s edge.
- Is ready to upgrade their MS excel skills to master macros, pivot tables, and other amazing Excel secrets
- Demonstrates the curiosity to research/learn new tools and professional skills and stay on top of trends in data analytics.
- Has the ability to understand how an application is configured and its various downstream and upstream dependencies.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Possesses strong analytical and communication skills
- Is passionate about climate justice and environmental protection, and juiced up by the thought of convincing governments and corporations to make meaningful and lasting change
- We have no formal education requirements – if you take on the role and are willing to learn, that’s all that matters.
In addition, it’s nice but not essential for you to have some of the following skills or experiences: Google Analytics or/and Google Tag Manager Using A/B testing platforms like Optimizely or Google Optimize have the willingness to learn. Experience with keeping a cool head as a part of a data platform migration process.
While the preferred location for this position is in our hub office in Vancouver, Canada, we will consider candidates who are able to work out of one of our other hub locations in San Francisco, CA or Bellingham, WA. We may also consider outstanding candidates in remote locations either in Canada or the US in Pacific, Central or Mountain time zones.