The Messina Group seeks data scientists to join our growing Data Analytics team. We are a consulting firm providing strategic guidance to campaigns, organizations, and companies around the world. TMG’s analytics team works with our clients to develop and implement practical quantitative solutions. Our data scientists are involved in all stages of a consulting engagement, including proposal creation, data collection and organization, analysis, and reporting. We also serve as TMG’s research and development team, devising methods and building tools to make our work more efficient and more effective. Our culture is highly collaborative; we believe our work is of the highest quality when everyone can learn and grow together.
You are eager to learn quickly from other members of the team, and can also teach us about your areas of expertise. You love working in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems, and challenging yourself to develop new skills. When you encounter a hard problem, you think “I can learn how to solve that.” You are comfortable using a broad range of approaches, and identifying the appropriate solution for each problem.
We welcome diverse perspectives and experiences and we encourage you to showcase your unique style of problem-solving. In return, we hold our team to a high standard of excellence. You can expect to work hard and pick up new skills on the job.
You have all of:
- A Master’s degree or higher (or commensurate work experience) in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, econometrics, computer science, or business analytics, or in a quantitative social science.
- Ability to apply concepts from statistics and explain your decisions clearly to others.
- Proficiency in R, Python, Stata, or another statistical computing language.
- Experience in data standardization and data manipulation.
You have some of:
- Facility with research design, particularly survey design or experiment design.
- Work experience in predictive modeling or machine learning.
- Experience with large data sets in SQL databases such as Postgres, Vertica, or similar.
- Data visualization or dashboard-building skills (e.g., D3, Tableau, Periscope, Shiny)
- Experience in natural language processing and textual analysis
- Proficiency with GIS or other mapping software
The Messina Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
If you’re interested, please fill out this application form.