Beto for Texas is hiring a Deputy Data Director to assist in the execution of the campaign plan. The Deputy Data Director will work closely with the Data Director to support the campaign team by managing day to day data and voter file operations, administering a comprehensive data training and support program, and developing reporting to help maximize efficiency and drive program. The Deputy Data Director will be responsible for both long-term, ongoing projects and short-term assignments, and is expected to possess excellent time management skills. This position reports to the Data Director.
- Assist with management of day to day data and voter file operations
- Providing timely and relevant analysis of data
- Generate reports and visualizations
- Generate target universes for the purpose of voter contact
- Train & support staff on VAN/Votebuilder and other data tools
- Support other data team projects as necessary
Core Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Excel and SQL skills to analyze and present data in a clear, effective and succinct manner
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder as both a user and an administrator
- Experience working with large data sets and managing multiple requests for information
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to a wide audience in a clear, succinct manner
- Experience with data visualization and presentation
- At least one cycle of experience working in a campaign environment, preferably in data or field
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, creative problem-solving, and communication skills
Additional Skills & Qualifications - Ideal applicants will already possess one or more of these skills; all applicants should plan on developing these skills during the 2018 cycle.
- Proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages
- Proficiency with Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other data visualization tools
- Experience with report automation
- Experience with person matching
All candidates must:
- Live in or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX through the end of the 2018 cycle (supporter housing is available if desired)
- Expect to regularly work evening and weekend hours.
- This position does NOT require a college degree
COMPENSATION Salary for this position is $3,750 - $4250/month, depending on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package.
APPLICATION Apply here