State Voices is searching for a National VAN Administrator to provide support in aspects of data use and State Voices Voter Activation Network (State Voices VAN) administration for our partners in the 30 states without State Voices tables. Primary functions will be to provide State Voices VAN administrative support and assist partners in researching and developing their program plans. Primary constituencies served will be organizations conducting non-partisan public education campaigns for reproductive rights and justice. The National VAN Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships, and will work with State Infrastructure Project partners in nine states and other State Voices partners as assigned.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools and assist them in successfully implementing data-driven direct outreach and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Administer State Voices VAN for State Voices partner organizations. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Train partners and table staff on: NGP-VAN and other tools, targeting techniques (including the use of statistical models), and best practices for using data effectively.
- Prepare program analysis and make strategic recommendations to inform tables’ program plans as well as individual partner plans.
- Improve State Voices partners’ data through list matching, training on better data hygiene and data collections practices.
- Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, and coordinate table and partner work.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- An understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least 2-3 years of experience in 501c3 civic engagement organizing, labor or community organizing, or political campaigns preferred.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) experience and Excel skills preferred.
- Experience working in non-partisan and non-profit organizations, and familiarity with reproductive rights and justice organizations is a plus.
- Experience working with Tableau also a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “National VAN Administrator” in the e-mail subject line to ensure proper routing. Compensation: Compensation is competitive and includes a full benefits package. Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.