270 Strategies is looking for a Data and Analytics Director to build and manage a growing data team. You will be responsible for developing innovative, data-driven strategies for our clients, as well as setting the vision for 270 Strategies’ data and analytics services. You should believe in the power of grassroots organizing, as well as the integration of digital and offline organizing.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative self-starter with strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and 4-7 years of experience with analytics and data management. You should be excited to help campaigns, causes, and companies do big things in 2018 and beyond.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage 2-3 data and analytics staff directly.
- Develop innovative campaign strategies integrated with 270 Strategies’ strategic organizing engagements.
- Guide clients as their build independent, in-house data analytics programs.
WHAT YOUR TEAM WILL DO:
- Provide in-depth analysis of client data sets, starting with identifying what data clients have available to them.
- Offer clients recommendations, training and setup on CRMs and other data tools, as well as building reporting systems.
- Support client engagements to ensure data-driven strategy is at the heart of client work.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 4-7 years of experience with analytics and data management, or equivalent education experience.
- Strong leadership experience, and the proven ability to lead a team.
- Ability to coach others in how to execute a data program.
- Experience managing multiple complex, fast paced projects at once, and proven ability to produce materials within a deadline.
- Enthusiasm for a team-based work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A sense of humor, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues.
- Knowledge of political campaigns is a plus, but not required.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with at least 2 of the following and an ability to coach others on them: Microsoft Excel, SQL, Python, or R.
- Experience as an administrator for at least 2 of the following: VAN, BSD, NationBuilder, Salesforce, PDI, Action Network.
- Experience interpreting and implementing models for the purposes of targeting and understanding audiences, although you do not need to be proficient at building models.
- Ability to assess disparate data sets and systems, then bring them together in to a cohesive analysis.
- Experience with digital analytics is a plus, but not required.
- This position will be based in either Chicago, IL, or Washington, D.C., and will require some travel. The starting salary range is $85k-$110k, and will be determined commensurate with experience. This position also includes a generous benefits package, with 401k contributions, high quality health insurance, flexible leave policy, and the potential for bonus.
270 Strategies is a next-generation grassroots firm that is redefining how companies, causes, and organizations build winning campaigns and achieve big things. Our company was born of the basic belief that grassroots campaigns can change the world. Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on marketing, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lessons learned after years of leading the Obama organization to help clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action. 270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.