Voter File Manager for the New York State Democratic Party The New York State Democratic Party is looking for a Voter File Manager to manage the day-to-day data needs of the NYSD, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists. The Voter File Manager will be responsible for administering the statewide voter file, creating and implementing standards for its use organization-wide, and providing strategic support where needed.
This is a permanent position and will continue after the November 2018 election cycle. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three references in a single pdf document to email@example.com with the subject line “Name- Voter File Manager.”
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Day-to-day management of users and committees in VoteBuilder;
- Developing and implementing a training program for VoteBuilder statewide in conjunction with the Field Department, including a regular webinar schedule;
- Maintaining all NY Dems data assets;
- Creating and maintaining survey questions, activist codes and other VoteBuilder infrastructure;
- Creating all shared searches and targets;
- Maintaining the NY Dems My Campaign database
- Providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
- Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses
- Overseeing data collection, standardization and processing;
- Implementing and managing VAN integrated organizing tools, including P2P SMS and event management tools.
- At least one cycle as a Votebuilder or VAN support administrator
- At least one cycle in field
- Basic experience with SQL databases
- Advanced experience and ability with Excel/Google Sheets
- At least basic experience with GIS programs
- Motivation and willingness to work nights and weekends in a high-pressure role
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain data and analytical concepts to non-technical senior and non-senior staff members
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Flexibility and professionalism to handle competing and changing priorities and deadlines
The New York State Democratic Party (NY Dems) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NY Dems, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NY Dems employee.
The NY Dems is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NY Dems’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NY Dems, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NY Dems employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NY Dems.
The NY Dems is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NY Dems, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.