The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as the center of gravity for defense of federal climate policy and the convening point for traditional and non-environmental advocacy groups supporting climate action and clean energy policy at the local, state and federal levels. The Campaign drives activity that creates political space for leaders to take action and holds accountable those who oppose common sense public health and climate change policy.
The State Operations Reporting Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure the State Operations department is efficiently meeting goals and expectations. The Reporting Manager will accomplish this by maintaining the reporting and tracking systems that support the State Operations department, including managing and monitoring the compilation of reports and use of Quick Base apps.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manage, organize, and monitor State Operations reporting into the Quick Base Campaign Reporting app, including:
- Develop reporting guidance to capture the work of the State Operations department programs in major moments and as the programs evolve
- Troubleshoot reporting issues for organizers, regional directors, and national field directors
- Regularly perform quality control checks on reporting
- Develop metrics and reporting procedures, provide database training, and troubleshoot reporting issues for non-standard programs
- Coordinate and assist with the compilation of quantitative and qualitative reports on department activity to support reports to funders and outreach efforts; keep campaign leadership apprised of department activity; and support the evolution of the department
- Review weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports compiled by the program assistant
- Serve as the point of contact for the campaign reporting manager as campaign-wide reporting structures evolve to better capture the work of the campaign
- Design and report on tracking systems for specific tactics or surge periods
- Working with the national and regional directors, provide regular analysis of department metrics and recommend best practices Participate in campaign calls and meetings Report to the national field director Work closely with organizing director in tasking day to day activity of program assistant
- At least 1 year of experience managing data for advocacy, membership and/or political campaigns.
- Familiarity with database management, especially Quick Base, is a plus.
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-expectation campaign environment.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with data and program staff internally and with partner organizations.
- Strong people and communication skills, including experience training others, translating data into plain English and the ability to write concise summaries, recommendations and plans.
- Strong desire to learn, grow and improve, and to help others do so.
Compensation and Location
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan. The Climate Action Campaign is located in Washington, DC.