At NGPVAN, we work with a variety of cutting edge technologies and are always looking to do it better, bigger, and faster. We’re looking for individuals who not only read about the latest technologies but are capable of standing up proof of concepts and stable implementations on very tight timelines. These tasks may range from deploying an application to a cloud solution, helping create dynamic development environments to enable our developers or creating tools that allows the DevOps department to get work done in a more consistent way.
We’re seeking a self-driven DevOps Engineer who will implement new and maintain existing systems while enriching our existing team. By focusing on working with high level engineers, IT staff and team members, candidates will help provide a seamless integration point for Development and Information Technology. Candidates should have the ability to recommend and rapidly deploy solution-based systems, automate manual processes, and work well on cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012+
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, bash etc.)
- Experience with and understanding of networking, DNS, load-balancing, and clustering technologies
- Understanding of security best practices
- Ability to quickly triage problems under pressure, determine root cause, and resolve issues
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (preferably TeamCity but any will do)
- Experience with VMWare virtualization products
- Experience with cloud services (preferably Azure but others as well)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef/PowerShell DSC/Ansible)