The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues. The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) and our sister organization, LCV Education Fund, are national environmental organizations with a strong commitment to racial justice and equity. With more than 30 state affiliates across the country, LCV and LCV Education Fund are committed to building a movement in which everyday people have the right and responsibility to be able to influence the policies and policy makers that affect our air, water, lands and the health of our communities and planet. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
Summary: The Data Director is a lynchpin position responsible for the coordination and integration of multiple databases across the Development and the Membership & Online Engagement departments. This person is a member of both teams and must understand the different ways data is used by each one. These teams are fast-paced, like to innovate and are growing in both staff and donor size and we need a Data Director who is going to keep up with demands while finding ways for us to continue to be efficient and effective. The incumbent maintains LCV’s data warehouse and makes sure that the various tools are working in sync with one another. The ideal candidate will understand the technical responsibilities of overseeing a data warehouse, multiple integrations, SQL scripts and analytics while also understanding the customer service skills needed to support over 30 colleagues in their use of the platforms. This is the perfect position for someone who wants to manage multiple tools or learn more about email, advocacy and fundraising platforms while working with a large fundraising shop at a national non-profit with an ambitious 2020 strategic plan.
- Lead the integration of LCV’s fundraising and membership tools as well as the development of reporting and analytics
- Innovate LCV’s use of data and make sure that the departments are making the best use of available tools and analytics
- Ensure the timely and accurate flow of data across systems while also managing security, permissions, and access
- Serve as administrator for the Civis platform, which houses LCVs data warehouse, and its related jobs and database syncs
- Maintain and develop Tableau workbooks and dashboards for both the Development and Membership teams
- Write, schedule and monitor SQL scripts and workflows in Civis platform
- Work with outside consultant and VP of Development Operations to finish the conversion from Luminate CRM to Salesforce NPSP which goes live in July
- Work with outside vendor to manage routine imports and hygiene scripts into Civis
- Modify and improve LCV’s data architecture and organization as needed
- Conduct data overlays from VAN to analyze the breadth and effectiveness of work to have a racially diversified base of donors and supporters
- Shares LCVs commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organization
- Other duties as assigned.
See more and apply here LCV is also hiring a Data & Analytics Manager and a State Data Associate.