The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is seeking a full-time Staff Technologist to work with our Browser Extensions team as the lead developer for HTTPS Everywhere. This is one of our efforts to encrypt the web and make it easy for all users to browse the web securely.
This Staff Technologist role is a full-time position based in EFF’s San Francisco office. This is not a remote position; if you live elsewhere and cannot move to the San Francisco area, please do not apply. The salary range for this position is $70-$110K, depending on skills and experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including assistance relocating to the San Francisco area, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)(7) retirement savings program, paid time off, holiday benefits, student loans assistance, housing cost assistance, paid family leave, flexible hours, and more. Insurance is 100% employee covered 50% for spouse family premiums. Plus if you have a (well-behaved) dog, you can bring your dog to work!
- Lead development of HTTPS Everywhere (over 4 million users and bundled with Tor Browser) writing code and documentation.
- Inspire and guide the project’s vibrant open source community.
- Collaborate with other technical teams at EFF (and the major browser companies).
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals.
- Collaborate with EFF’s lawyers on impact litigation, EFF’s activism team on public policy campaigns, or explaining technology issues to the press, the public, and the government.
- You will also have opportunities to collaborate on other technical projects and with EFF’s other teams on technology, policy and computer science-related issues.